3 Days Rwanda-Uganda Gorilla Trekkingfrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Culture, Discovery, Family, Jungle, Short Breaks, Trekking, Wildlife
Activity Level Challenging
Destinations: Kigali, Bwindi impenetrable National Park.
Activities: Gorilla trekking
- Accommodation in the mentioned lodges
- An experienced English speaking Safari Guide
- Transportation in 4*4 safari Vehicle.
- Transportation to and fro the areas indicated.
- Fuel and meals as indicated on respective days.
- Game drive fees and all activities indicated in the itinerary.
- All Entrance Fees and relevant government Tax.
- 1 Gorilla trekking permit per person in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Mineral Water on the entire Safari.
- Administration fees.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- International, regional and local Airfares.
- Airport taxes.
- Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
- Personal and baggage insurance.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
- Insurance coverage is available for Baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption at special low-cost group rates.
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, drive to Bwindi National Park
Today you will arrive in Kigali with a morning or afternoon flight and you will be welcomed by your safari guide. You will immediately start your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable national park driving through the beautiful mountainous countryside until you cross into Uganda. Expect to arrive at our picturesque accommodation on the edge of the forest in the late afternoon. Bwindi impenetrable national park is a magnificent green swathe of dense rainforest and is one of the most biologically diverse areas on earth. It is a habitat for nearly 350 birds’ species, 120 mammals and other insect species. The park is home to the endangered mountain Gorillas.
Budget: Gorilla valley Lodge (http://www.naturelodges.biz/gorilla-valley-lodge/)
Medium End: Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge (http://ichumbigorillalodge.com/)
High end: Nkuringo Gorilla Lodge (https://www.mountaingorillalodge.com/)
Meal plan: -, -, D
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi, Return to Kigali
Begin your gorilla trek in the early morning, and set off into the tangled and mist-shrouded forests with guides and trackers who are very experienced at locating the gorillas by finding the nest the family had used the previous night. The search for these majestic animals goes through thick untamed rainforest, where you’ll be scrambling over mossy rocks and through deep undergrowth and it can be arduous at times, but the encounter is worth the effort. Watching gorillas in their natural habitat is a memory that will last a lifetime. The experienced ranger guides will willingly share with you a lot of information about history and lifestyle of the Gorillas. After spending an hour with the gorillas, you will head back to the lodge to refresh before starting the journey back to Rwanda. In Kigali you will rest at your accommodation.
Budget: Inside Afrika Boutique Hotel (http://www.inside-afrika.com/)
Medium End: Hotel Mille Collines (https://www.millecollines.rw/)
High End: Marriott Hotel Kigali (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/kglmc-kigali-marriott-hotel/)
Meal plan: B, L, D
Day 3: City Tour of Kigali and Departure
After breakfast you will head out for a city tour of Kigali. Top on the Menu is Gisozi Genocide memorial. You will be guided around the museum and given an account of how events leading to the 1994 Rwanda Genocide transpired. The memorial is a resting place of thousands killed during the genocide and a reminder of the dark past that Rwanda endured. You will also visit a local market in town. After lunch you will be transferred to Kigali Airport to catch your flight back home.
Meal plan: B, L, –
- Gorilla trekking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour.
- Minimum gorilla tracking age is 15 years.
- Minimum chimpanzee tracking age is 12 years
- Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed.
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour.
- Rain poncho (lightweight)
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Waterproof trousers
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Leather gardening -type gloves
- Insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by you either from your home town or Kampala.
- Still Cameras and Camcorders are allowed, but bring batteries and film from your home town or Kampala.
Kindly note that to book Gorilla permits is subject to availability and payment. For cases of lack of availability in a requested Gorilla group, we shall suggest an alternative and communicate any changes in the program.